Recently, several people have asked if they can make “hexipuff” projects with woven hexagons, and the answer is: Absolutely YES!
- Weave twice the amount of hexagons as for a flat design
- Make two, mirrored layers of the design
- Sew them together
- Quilt tie where the hexagon corners meet
… and enjoy your puffed, woven hexagon project.
For example … take the Grape Table Topper from the new Interweave “Little Looms” magazine …
Apply the steps above, and you’ll get a very decorative, squishy pillow!
That’s just one way to do it. You could also make a bunch of single “puffs” and then tie/sew them together.
If you want to try the Grape Pillow but don’t yet have the magazine, we are giving away ONE PRINT COPY of the new “Easy Weaving with Little Looms Summer 2018” magazine. Here is how it works:
THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
CONGRATULATIONS TO GRETA FOR WINNING THE GIVEAWAY!
- Leave a comment below, and mention which other hexagon pin loom projects (of any sort) you’d like to see.
- Please share at least one idea if you wish. You can leave multiple comments, or multiple ideas in one comment. Your name will only be added once to the drawing.
- If people post similar ideas, that’s ok. It would be nice if you add your own details or variations.
- You can enter now until Thursday, June 7th, 2018, midnight US CDT.
- The winner will be announced some time on Saturday, June 9th, 2018, here on this blog .
- One winner from comments left on this blog only.
- No substitutes, no cash.
- This giveaway is open to hexagon weavers internationally unless there are any legal restrictions in your country that prevent us from shipping to you. (Note: In case you win, we will send the magazine and pay for USPS international shipping. You will have to pay for any extra shipping cost and any custom and/or tax incurred by your country.)
- We will use the contact information only to determine the winner.
- In case you win, we will ask you for permission to post your first name and state or country on this blog.
Happy winning and weaving!